Book Online for SPS - smart production solutionsBook Now
COVID-19 Event Update
SPS will occur between 08.11.2022 – 10.11.2022. The format of the event will be a face-to-face exhibition. The event will take place at Messe Nuremberg. The venue will feature stringent coronavirus prevention measures to ensure attendee safety. Among the implemented measures will be:
- Pre-registration is mandatory. Attendees must provide complete contact information during the process. The details to be included are the first and last name, home address, phone number, and email address. All ticket sales will take place online. Pre-registration is necessary for contact tracking purposes, such as in the case of a confirmed infection.
- A 3G entry regulation will be in place at the venue. Attendees with a valid ticket and a 3G document can enter the fair. A negative test result, recovery, or vaccination certificate are acceptable document forms. Participants must also avoid using physical greetings such as shaking hands. Through and frequent handwashing is mandatory for all attendants. Attendees can complete the task by visiting the exhibition grounds' sanitation stations.
- In all exhibition centre indoor areas, participants must wear face masks. This rule is subject to three exceptions. Attendees may not wear masks while negotiating with exhibitors. They may also remove them in locations with fixed seating or standing arrangements. When there is a plexiglass hygiene barrier, they may also choose not to wear masks. In congested entrance and meeting areas, including outdoor ones, attendees must wear masks. In other outdoor areas, they do not need to wear masks. They can use the supplies found in central locations if they lose their face mask.
- A rigorous sanitation policy will be in place at Messe Nuremberg. It will include the frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and sanitary facilities. In all venue areas, attendants must maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters. The messe will install changes to assist attendees. The alternations will feature wider hallways, one-way traffic lanes, and reconfigured entrance areas. In the forum and conference areas, there will be new seating arrangements. Attendees will be reminded of the rule by digital guidance systems.
A Brief Overview of SPS
SPS (Smart Production Solutions) – formerly known as SPS IPC Drives – is held in Nuremberg, Germany and introduces trade visitors to the latest technological advancements made in the electric automation sector. Whether you’re manufacturing electronics or embedded systems, you’re in the perfect position to meet with significant buyers at this leading international trade show. Reach way beyond your regional markets and become a truly global force.
The upcoming 2022 edition of SPS promises to be a return to form with thousands expected to get a ticket. Now is the best time to book hotel accommodation for SPS while hotel rates are low. Find out the best deals in Nuremberg today! GETA ltd works with you to create a custom experience. We can handle any budget and accommodate groups of all sizes. Tell us what you need and we’ll send you the top hotels close to Messe Nuremberg within hours. Shorten your commute and slash your travel expenses altogether. GETA ltd has a number of additional services to make your trip a success!
Why Your Visit Is Worth It
Having reached new heights, SPS has rebranded itself to reflect on its new industry relevance and we want to impress on you the economic advantages to exhibiting at this trade show. Have a look at the statistics from last edition to see the opportunities to grow your brand internationally:
- 1500+ international exhibitors from 40+ countries showcased at the event;
- 63,000+ international trade visitors made the trip;
- 135,000 square metres of exhibition space used;
- 170+ special presentations;
- 30 guided tours;
The SPS - Smart Production Solutions – rebrand opens up a new chapter for a long-running show that has been a driver for innovation in electronics manufacture for over three decades. The annual event has taken place at Messe Nuremberg since 1997, whereas the inaugural edition was run at the exhibition centre in Sindelfingen the year before. Until recently, the trade show operated under the name SPS IPC DRIVES, because of the three main themes to its product portfolio – industrial PC, electric drives and programmable logic controllers.
However, with the rise of automation the scope broadened. As of right now, SPS has a total of 13 main product groups – Drive systems and components, Sensor technology, Control technology, Factory power - grids and –supplies, Interface and interface technology, Low voltage-switching devices, Mechanical infrastructure, IPCs, Software & IT in manufacturing, Human-Machine-Interface devices, Industrial communication, Training and consulting, and Functional groups. SPS is the premier meeting point for supply and demand over the entire electronics value chain.
Innovation is very much part of the show’s DNA. That’s why organisers have created the joint stand ‘Automation meets IT’ to address how digitalisation and AI are transforming the industry. This joint stand gives visitors the opportunity to talk to experts in the field and discuss asset management, cloud-based services, data-centered services, predictive maintenance and OPC UA.
Who Are You Going to Meet?
SPS has been at the forefront of advancements made in electronics in service of German industry, but the trade show is steadily growing its international profile. A little over 30% of all exhibitors come from outside Germany with countries like Italy, Austria, China, the USA, Finland, France and Turkey having good numbers. For visitors, the ratio is a little lower with only 27% of visitors being foreign nationals. Part innovation hub – part procurement program, SPS attracts buyers and experts alike who have purchasing power and play a role in decision making at their companies.
Close to 70% of all trade visitors come from construction, management, and production. This gives exhibitors an excellent chance to diversify their revenue streams. You’ll have a chance to get to know buyers from a variety of professional backgrounds. A lot of visitors have experience working in plant engineering, automotive production, industrial IT and networks, assembly technologies and handling, energy, water supply and wastewater treatment. That’s only scratching the surface of the calibre of visitors at SPS. Foot traffic is always high at the event and you’ll speak to a lot of potential buyers. Visitors tend to have top managerial positions or be C-level executives.
There’s a good portion of major brands that make it a point to exhibit regularly. You’ll be in the good company of Phoenix Contact, Beckhoff Automation, ABB, B&R, Pepperl+Fuchs, SICK, Lenze, SEW-EURODRIVE, Pilz, Rittal, Microsoft, SAP, KEYENCE and Bosch Rexroth.
Additional Value of Attending
Once you’ve done all the networking and pitching you can then do research by attending the many informative lectures that take place during SPS. Organisers have made sure to invite only the top experts to deliver the keynote, give lectures and participate in panel discussions. The programme extends to all relevant sectors and is deeply tied with the main themes of SPS, which change from edition to edition.
In previous editions, talks have tackled subjects such as the virtual commissioning of sensors as digital twin components, how a distributed industrial cloud can enhance future-proof production processes and sensor solutions for smart factories.
The Outlook for 2022
Preparations for SPS are going splendidly and organisers remain positive about the turnout for the 2022 edition. Over 700 exhibitors have booked exhibition space during the early booking drive, which proves just how necessary it is for people in the industry to meet face to face. At this rate, SPS 2022 is well expected to deliver close to pre-pandemic numbers. That should excite everyone involved as the market rebuilds after the worst of the pandemic.
The return to live events doesn’t mean organisers haven’t learned how instrumental digital tools have been in the past two years. SPS 2022 will be augmented with the digital “SPS on air” for added networking and knowledge opportunities. There’s going to be programming leading up to the live event, features available during the event and then more services after closing. In effect, you’ll stay connected and informed to your most important contacts all year long. Lectures during SPS will be broadcast live from the SPS studio and then archived for future use.
SPS - smart production solutions 2021
23.11.2021 - 25.11.2021
Cancelled due to Covid-19
SPS - smart production solutions 2020
24.11.2020 - 26.11.2020
Edition was held digital to prevent the fast spread of COVID-19.
SPS - smart production solutions 2019
26.11.2019 - 28.11.2019
SQ M of Exhibition Area
SPS IPC DRIVES 2018
27.11.2018 - 29.11.2018
SQ M of Exhibition Area
SPS IPC DRIVES 2017
28.11.2017 - 30.11.2017
SQ M of Exhibition Area
How to get to SPS - smart production solutions
Nuremberg Airport – not advisable
Nuremberg Central Station – 1 hr via Allersberger Strasse
Nuremberg Airport – 30 mins via B4R
Nuremberg Central Station – 10 mins via Münchener Strasse
By Public Transport
Nuremberg Airport – 30 mins via U-Bahns U2 and U1
Nuremberg Central Station – 10 mins via U-Bahn U1